Intro to Off-Roading
Spring is just around the corner and with it comes the off-road and wheeling season! Do you remember your first time sitting behind the wheel and taking your Jeep or truck off-road? …Anxiety mixed with excitement, apprehensions about getting a dent or scratch and the thrill of knowing you aren’t tied to the beaten path were just the beginning.
All off-roaders started somewhere, and for many of us, that was the “Intro to Off-Roading” class held at the Sayersbrook Bison Ranch outside of Potosi, MO.
If you have any family members or friends who are new to Jeep or are just getting interested in unlocking their off-road potential, let them know that the next Intro to Off-Roading course will be happening on Sunday, March 15th.
This course will begin at 9:00am sharp with basic classroom type instruction on trail safety guidelines and tips from experienced Jeepers like Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy. The real fun begins after lunch when everyone will have the opportunity to take their Jeep on some beginner trails.
**Cost is $10 per person and lunch will be provided.
**Once you become a member of MWJT, you can register for this event by following this link: Click Here.
Can you believe that we’re already this far into February? In spite of recent snow fall, winter will soon be but a frigid memory and we’ll have all Spring, Summer and Fall to go topless & doorless in the great outdoors!
To help pass the time Axleboy will be hosting our annual Chili Cook-off sponsored by Mid West Jeep Thing on Saturday, February 28th from 11:30-2:00pm.
Whether you are new to the Jeep & offroad community and looking for opportunities to meet other Jeepers, or you just really like chili, this is the perfect time to come hang out at Axleboy. Wrangle up the family or grab a friend and stew up your best pot of chili. We’ll see you on the 28th!
- A Wide Variety of Chili
- Free Soda and Water
- Time to Show off your Jeep
- Information about Jeep Clubs
- Trophies for the Best Chili &
- Raffle Prizes
Don’t forget, Saturday, February 28th from 11:30-2:00pm, Axleboy is the place to be!
Axleboy: For directions, see our address below or give us a call at (636)939-JEEP (5337).
ARB New Product Release
We are pleased to announce a new product available now from ARB. The new RD226 air locker was designed specifically for use on the rear of the Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, WJ, WK/WH SRT8 models and Commander XK/XH 2WD (2006-2010).
Dana 44A, 30 spl, C-Clip
RD226 Air Locker Features Include:
* Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on-road drivability or driveline wear.
* Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
* Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver’s seat.
* Ultra durable and extremely strong – only the highest quality materials used in construction.
* Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability * Thoroughly tested and proven design – trusted and used in over 100 countries around the world.
* Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models.
* 4WD and 2WD applications.
* Easy installation and maintenance – no special tools, skills or additives required.
* Patented ‘timed’ locking mechanism offers high strength and ultrafast unlocking.
* Comprehensive photo illustrated installation and service guides.
* Steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal designed to handle the most extreme climatic temperatures on Earth.
* Patented 2 piece design that offers a range of interchangeable side gears (sold separately) to integrate with non- standard axle shaft splines.
Find Out More
Call us now, toll-free at (877) 295-3269 , or locally at (636) 939-5337 or contact us through our website for more information!