Axleboy is creating a new introductory position for a full time porter/general shop helper. The person in this position will primarily be responsible for keeping the service bays and other working areas in and around the shop clean and organized. At times this person may be called upon to assist mechanics with minor tasks pertaining to work in progress (transporting large parts, bleeding brakes, etc.) or for transporting parts and occasionally clients throughout the greater St. Louis area.
As Axleboy continues to grow, this position may lead to future opportunities working as an apprentice mechanic.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self motivated, requiring little or no direct supervision to complete tasks
- Have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Be familiar with basic hand and power tools
- Express a willingness to learn through experience
- Express interest in the automotive industry and basic mechanics
- Be available to work during normal business hours (M-F 8am-6pm)
- Be an independent thinker, willing to suggest and implement process improvements
- Value and demonstrate punctuality
Full time employees enjoy many benefits, including:
- Employer sponsored medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Set schedules with weekends off
- Bi-weekly pay schedules
- Opportunities to attend organized Jeep and off-road events
Interested Candidates Should:
For consideration e-mail a resume to email@example.com, hand-deliver a resume to Axleboy: 1935 E. Terra Ln. O’Fallon, MO 63366, or submit information through the online form on Axleboy’s careers page.
Our shop foreman will be taking new responsibilities in the service department and that is going to leave us under-staffed in the shop. If you think you’re qualified to fill this void, check out the job description below and email us a copy of your resume.
Wages: $18-25 per hour
We are a FULL service automotive maintenance and repair shop specializing in suspension and drivetrain components. This means that our employees must be versatile enough to re-gear a differential, install a lift kit (we do a lot of this), diagnose electrical issues, weld and even change oil and balance tires once in a while. In no way is this a comprehensive list of responsibilities, but it should give you an idea of what we do.
- ASE Certified
- Diagnose Electrical
- Must be self-motivated & able to work without close supervision
- Quality driven
- Experience working on: Driveline, Axles and Manual Transmissions
- Must be able to drive vehicles with standard transmission
- Read, comprehend and follow instructions*
- No weekend work
- Competitive base pay with performance incentives
- Ongoing training
- Modern equipment
- Fun place to WORK
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Shop leadership opportunities may be available
- Involvement with the Jeep and off-road lifestyle
Disclaimer: If you are looking for an easy job… just screwing in spark plugs, hanging water pumps and changing brakes… then this is not the place for you.
*To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org