Have you seen the new Patriot Series rear bumper for the 2018-current JL Jeep Wrangler?
Here’s What You Need to Know
This is a heavy duty, premium quality, made in the USA upgrade that looks fantastic and is 100% bolt on, making it easy to install. Order yours at Axleboy today for only $1399.95.
- 1/4″ thick plate steel
- 100% bolt-on design
- Frame mounted bumper/tire carrier (zero weight on tailgate/body)
- Adjustable spare tire mount
- Back-up camera compatible
- Parking sensor compatible (grommets included)
- Plastic plugs included if not sensor equipped
- Integrated 2″ tow-rated receiver
- Hi-Lift jack mount included (with security cable tab)
- CB antenna mount included
- 3rd brake light compatible
- Integrated safety chain attachments
- High clearance tapered sides
- Towing electronics port provision (block off plate included)
- 1″ thick double welded recovery tabs included
- Powder coat included
- All hardware included
Weight: 150 lbs.
40″ tire rated (38″ with cargo basket/tank mounts)
As manufacturers of the world’s premier selectable lockers, ARB recently issued the following press release, regarding new parts available for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Sport:
ARB maintains a strong presence in the off roading industry with its proactive approach in R&D. Supporting accessories alongside new vehicle releases is key to staying ahead of the game. Our drivetrain engineers have assessed Jeep’s new Wrangler JL Sport and are proud to announce the release of Air Locker applications for both the front and rear axles.
Replacing the JK, Jeep has built on the Wrangler’s legendary history with their most capable vehicle to date, while maintaining its heritage with touches such as a seven-slot grille, iconic round headlights and open air models. To complement these unique touches, Jeep has upgraded the off road ability and central to this is next-generation Dana axles. To further enhance the JL Sport’s capability off road, ARB is happy to release front and rear locker applications.
- For the rear axle M200 application, RD244 was newly developed.
- For the front axle application, existing RD100 will suit.
- Please note some Wrangler JL Sport models come with M220 axle housing. Please verify before ordering RD244 Air Locker
Features & Benefits
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on-road drivability or driveline wear
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver’s seat
- Ultra durable and extremely strong – only the highest quality materials used in construction
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability
- Thoroughly tested and proven design – trusted and used in over 100 countries around the world
- Easy installation and maintenance – no special tools, skills or additives required
- Patented ‘timed’ locking mechanism offers high strength and ultra fast un-locking
- Comprehensive photo illustrated installation and service guides
- Steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal designed to handle the most extreme climatic temperatures on Earth
- Patented two -piece design that offers a range of interchangeable side gears (sold separately) to integrate with non-standard axle shaft splines
RD244 – M200 Rear Axle
- 29 spline axle
- 31.5 mm [1.24”] axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on 145.5mm [5.72”]
- 121.3mm [5.28”] dia. ring gear ID
- 200mm [7.87”] dia. ring gear OD
- Ratio 3.45:1
- Suits Dana M200
RD100 – M186 Front Axle
- 27 spline axle
- 30.8mm [1.21”] axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on 142mm [5.59”]
- 115.0mm [4.53”] dia. ring gear ID
- 185mm [7.28”] dia. ring gear OD
- Ratio 3.45:1
- Suits Dana M186
Axleboy Off-Road is proud to offer this essential Jeep (JL) upgrade in the form of over-the-counter parts or full installation beginning September 2018. For more information or to get your Jeep on the schedule, talk to the pros at Axleboy Off-Road during business hours. 636-939-5337