Christmas is just around the corner and 18.7%* of Americans admit to being last minute shoppers. If you’re still searching for that perfect gift for the Jeeper in your life, consider the following must-have items.
- Recovery Gear– Given a day off from work, most off-road enthusiasts will find their way into the woods. This year, give the Jeeper in your life a gift that they will use and appreciate all year long. Tow straps and a quality set of D-rings are some of the most useful accessories to keep with you any time you go off-road.
- LED lights– Want to light up the path into 2016? We carry a full line of LED spot lights and light bars that will put out as much at 40,300 lumens, shedding light on every rock and trail hazard on or near your path.
- Axleboy Gift Certificate– You really can’t go wrong with a gift certificate from Axleboy. Our certificates are good for up to 1 year after the date of purchase and can be used for virtually any part or service that we offer in-shop.
- Teraflex Quick Disconnects– Perfect for the Jeeper in your life! This is the gift that keeps giving all year long. We keep disconnects in stock for both JK and TJ models.
- Apparel– Perfect stocking stuffers for him or her. Axleboy carries tank tops and t-shirts and koozies (apparel for your can or bottle) in a variety of colors and sizes that the Jeeper in your life is guaranteed to enjoy.
There’s still time to give the perfect gift…but don’t wait until Christmas Eve, because Axleboy will be closed. All of us at Axleboy wish you and your family a happy holiday season and happy wheeling in 2016!!
Get up to $150 on Zeon Platinum and other Winches
With winter coming to a close, right now is the perfect time to get that Warn winch you’ve been looking at since last Spring! Now through April 30th, Warn is offering up to $150 in cash rebates toward your purchase of a new winch.
Think about the trails, the hunts, those secret fishing spots and all the other overland adventures you’ll be taking this year. Whether you’re looking for you first winch or just an upgrade, you’ve got places to go, and we can help get you a dependable Warn winch that will take you anywhere your Jeep will fit.
Axleboy is an authorized Warn retailer. Contact us online or give us a call at (636)939-JEEP(5337).
Follow this link to view/print the Official Warn Rebate Form
Intro to Off-Roading
Spring is just around the corner and with it comes the off-road and wheeling season! Do you remember your first time sitting behind the wheel and taking your Jeep or truck off-road? …Anxiety mixed with excitement, apprehensions about getting a dent or scratch and the thrill of knowing you aren’t tied to the beaten path were just the beginning.
All off-roaders started somewhere, and for many of us, that was the “Intro to Off-Roading” class held at the Sayersbrook Bison Ranch outside of Potosi, MO.
If you have any family members or friends who are new to Jeep or are just getting interested in unlocking their off-road potential, let them know that the next Intro to Off-Roading course will be happening on Sunday, March 15th.
This course will begin at 9:00am sharp with basic classroom type instruction on trail safety guidelines and tips from experienced Jeepers like Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy. The real fun begins after lunch when everyone will have the opportunity to take their Jeep on some beginner trails.
**Cost is $10 per person and lunch will be provided.
**Once you become a member of MWJT, you can register for this event by following this link: Click Here.
Can you believe that we’re already this far into February? In spite of recent snow fall, winter will soon be but a frigid memory and we’ll have all Spring, Summer and Fall to go topless & doorless in the great outdoors!
To help pass the time Axleboy will be hosting our annual Chili Cook-off sponsored by Mid West Jeep Thing on Saturday, February 28th from 11:30-2:00pm.
Whether you are new to the Jeep & offroad community and looking for opportunities to meet other Jeepers, or you just really like chili, this is the perfect time to come hang out at Axleboy. Wrangle up the family or grab a friend and stew up your best pot of chili. We’ll see you on the 28th!
- A Wide Variety of Chili
- Free Soda and Water
- Time to Show off your Jeep
- Information about Jeep Clubs
- Trophies for the Best Chili &
- Raffle Prizes
Don’t forget, Saturday, February 28th from 11:30-2:00pm, Axleboy is the place to be!
Axleboy: For directions, see our address below or give us a call at (636)939-JEEP (5337).
We recently had a new Jeep owner come in to Axleboy with a complaint about the “Jeep-wave”.
“It doesn’t work” he said, “I wave at other Jeeps all the time and never get a wave back. Don’t people do the Jeep wave anymore?”
There is some speculation that the wave may have been around even longer than the Jeep brand itself. Whether that is a fact or not, we really don’t know…but we do know that the Jeep-wave is very much alive and well within the local Jeep communities.
Why do some Jeep owners neglect to return the wave?
Maybe it’s just an off day. Or perhaps they just weren’t paying attention when your drove by. Also, depending on what forums you read, there are certain rules that determine which Jeeper should initiate a wave and whether you can expect a wave in return.
One Jeep page we found, JeepTalk.org, has an actual list of qualities to determine a Jeep’s level of awesomeness and corresponding wave hierarchy- based on vehicle appearance (is it muddy?), age (older is better) and modifications. They indicate that some Jeeps may simply not qualify for a return wave based on low or negative scores.
Regardless of where your Jeep lands on the awesomeness scale, we remind all Jeep owners that when they purchased their Jeep, new or used, they implicitly agreed to carry on the tradition of the wave. As a general rule, we encourage you not to be that Jeeper that leaves other folks hanging with their hand in the air.