Every year, millions of people around the world set New Year’s resolutions…and more than 50% either give up on or forget about their goals withing the first three months. We asked ourselves, “Why? Why aren’t more people sticking to their guns and following through with their resolutions?”
The answer: We think people give up on their New Year’s resolutions because they simply aren’t fun.
OUR RESOLUTION for 2016 is to have a blast and spend more time on the trails and at off-road events than we have in the past decade!! It’s going to be great. Here’s a list of 7 things to consider if you want to share our resolution this year:
Step 1: Determine which events you want to participate in.
- Intro to Off-Road with Mid West Jeep Thing (MWJT)
- Jeepstock at SMORR
- Jeep Blitz in Bushnell, IL
- Jeep Jamboree(s)
- Other: _____________________
Step 2: Factor in any destinations you would like to see.
- Colorado Rockies
- Rubicon Trail
- Logging roads of the Pacific Northwest
- Fill in the blank: ____________________
Step 3: Give employer appropriate notification for time-off request.
- Standard two weeks
- Eh…I didn’t really like that job anyway
- Weekend warriors don’t need to give notification
- I’m retired and leave whenever I want…sucka!
Step 4: Make necessary modifications to your Jeep.
- Suspension (a little extra lift does wonders for flexibility)
- Bigger tires & new wheels
- Body armor & skid plates
- Upgrade Axles, gears, lockers
- Install CB radio
- Add recovery gear (Winch, tow straps, D-rings, etc)
- Additional field-repair tools (Hi-lift, gloves, wrenches, spare parts, etc)
- Roof top tent systems
Step 5: Map out locations and distance between gas stations.
- It’s no secret that your Jeep can go just about anywhere…except past a gas station. We don’t want you to get stuck in the middle of Oklahoma with an empty tank and 50 miles to the nearest gas station, and neither do your passengers.
Step 6: Gather up your friends or family and hit the road.
- It’s always more fun when other people are along for the ride. Somebody’s gotta get out to take the pictures, right?
Step 7: Enjoy the ride…and make it back to work by ___________.