Every Jeep Should Be Outfitted With Tuffy
All it took was one weekend trip into downtown St. Louis and Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy, started thinking about all the things on his Jeep that he would be remiss to have stolen: his ARB dual air compressor, a RIPP supercharger, countless tools, an expensive stereo and so much more.
Fortunately for him, nothing went missing during his brief stay, but the possibility still lingered in his mind and continued to trouble him. by Monday morning, Scott felt so strongly about the lacking security on his Jeep and countless others that Axleboy placed an order for several lockable storage items from Tuffy Security Products™, including: glove boxes, under-seat concealed carry boxes, hood locks and several locking rear-deck enclosures.
All of these products are now on display and available for purchase in store.
Fun Info About Automotive Burglaries
According to the US Department of Justice, over 1.4 million vehicles were burglarized in 2010. Among the items that burglars look for and steal are these are some of the most common:
- Money (Somebody’s gotta pay for my McD’s)
- Navigation Systems
- Mobil Devices (phones and tablets)
- Vehicle Registration (If you’ve got a nice car, you probably have a nice home too)
- Backpacks and Briefcases
- CD’s (believe it or not people still use these)
- Car components (HID headlights, air bags, etc)
What can you do to protect your valuables?
With the typical burglary lasting no more than a few minutes, here are a few tips to help deter would-be thieves.
- Many of us Jeep owners have already learned (some the hard way) if you don’t want to lose something, it shouldn’t be left in the Jeep. The safest place for anything of value is behind a locked door…at home. Don’t bring it if you don’t need it.
- Don’t invite the burglar to take a closer look. Think of backpacks, suitcases, gift bags, charging cords and loose change as invitations. Would-be thieves see these things and immediately think, “I wonder what else is in there?” Whenever possible keep these things locked up and out of sight.
- Park in areas with high traffic and visibility. Car burglars want to get in and out as quick as possible without drawing a lot of attention to themselves. Whenever possible, park in well-lit areas, close to building entry points.
- Lock your doors…unless you drive a Jeep with a soft-top. We hate seeing a perfectly good soft top get cut up, especially when the windows could just as easily be unzipped. For the Jeep crowd, we’d recommend getting a lockable glove-box, under-seat conceal carry box or a Tuffy™ locking deck enclosure. These minor upgrades can help make your sweet ride a secure one too.
If you’re in the market for lockable storage solutions for your Jeep, stop by Axleboy Off-Road in O’Fallon, Missouri or give us a call at 636-939-5337.
Quality & Performance on Every Terrain
Axleboy is extremely pleased to team up with JKS and Fox, makers of quality, performance suspension solutions for the Jeep and off-road communities.
While at the Louisville, KY: Unlimited Off-Road Expo in early June, Scott Carline, owner of St. Peters based Axleboy piqued the interest of representatives from the Fox and JKS brands. A lively discussion ensued, business cards were exchanged and within minutes a professional connection had been forged.
In the past, Axleboy has depended on third party distributors to obtain Fox shocks and JKS aftermarket upgrades for their performance conscious customers. Now, less than one month after having met in person, Axleboy is honored to be a direct dealer of both Fox and JKS performance brands.
Do you own a Jeep? Are you thinking about purchasing a Jeep? Do you like to look at Jeeps? Do you like chili?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you’re invited to attend our 5th annual Chili Cook-off with Mid West Jeep Thing. We’ll have plenty of chili, free drinks, raffle prizes and a bunch of well-built Jeeps to admire, so grab a friend and come hang out with us for a while.
Saturday, February 27, 2016 From 11:30am-2:00pm
Axleboy: 4150-A Ehlmann Rd. St. Peters, MO 63376
Planning to enter our chili contest? Every year, we see a HUGE variety in chili recipes, from melt-your-tastebuds to mild white-chicken and everything in between. Give us a heads up (ph: 636-939-5337) and we’ll make sure there’s an outlet available for your crock pot. You may be the next Axleboy Chili Champion!!
We are proud to offer the latest products from Smittybilt, including their new Atlas Series rock sliders (compatible with 2 and 4-door Wrangler JKs). Starting at only $449.99*, these quality rock sliders feature:
- 3/16″ cold rolled steel
- Anti-slip step pads for easier access
- Complete bolt on installation (no drilling)
- Compatability with XRC exterior armor
Call or stop by for details and to set your appointment.
Be sure to check out some of the other great deals going on right now on our Specials page.
*For 2007-2016 JK 2-door Atlas Rock Sliders with step. Does not include sales tax or installation.
Christmas is just around the corner and 18.7%* of Americans admit to being last minute shoppers. If you’re still searching for that perfect gift for the Jeeper in your life, consider the following must-have items.
- Recovery Gear– Given a day off from work, most off-road enthusiasts will find their way into the woods. This year, give the Jeeper in your life a gift that they will use and appreciate all year long. Tow straps and a quality set of D-rings are some of the most useful accessories to keep with you any time you go off-road.
- LED lights– Want to light up the path into 2016? We carry a full line of LED spot lights and light bars that will put out as much at 40,300 lumens, shedding light on every rock and trail hazard on or near your path.
- Axleboy Gift Certificate– You really can’t go wrong with a gift certificate from Axleboy. Our certificates are good for up to 1 year after the date of purchase and can be used for virtually any part or service that we offer in-shop.
- Teraflex Quick Disconnects– Perfect for the Jeeper in your life! This is the gift that keeps giving all year long. We keep disconnects in stock for both JK and TJ models.
- Apparel– Perfect stocking stuffers for him or her. Axleboy carries tank tops and t-shirts and koozies (apparel for your can or bottle) in a variety of colors and sizes that the Jeeper in your life is guaranteed to enjoy.
There’s still time to give the perfect gift…but don’t wait until Christmas Eve, because Axleboy will be closed. All of us at Axleboy wish you and your family a happy holiday season and happy wheeling in 2016!!
Get up to $150 on Zeon Platinum and other Winches
With winter coming to a close, right now is the perfect time to get that Warn winch you’ve been looking at since last Spring! Now through April 30th, Warn is offering up to $150 in cash rebates toward your purchase of a new winch.
Think about the trails, the hunts, those secret fishing spots and all the other overland adventures you’ll be taking this year. Whether you’re looking for you first winch or just an upgrade, you’ve got places to go, and we can help get you a dependable Warn winch that will take you anywhere your Jeep will fit.
Axleboy is an authorized Warn retailer. Contact us online or give us a call at (636)939-JEEP(5337).
Follow this link to view/print the Official Warn Rebate Form