All it took was one weekend trip into downtown St. Louis and Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy, started thinking about all the things on his Jeep that he would be remiss to have stolen: his ARB dual air compressor, a RIPP supercharger, countless tools, an expensive stereo and so much more.
Fortunately for him, nothing went missing during his brief stay, but the possibility still lingered in his mind and continued to trouble him. by Monday morning, Scott felt so strongly about the lacking security on his Jeep and countless others that Axleboy placed an order for several lockable storage items from Tuffy Security Products™, including: glove boxes, under-seat concealed carry boxes, hood locks and several locking rear-deck enclosures.
All of these products are now on display and available for purchase in store.
Fun Info About Automotive Burglaries
According to the US Department of Justice, over 1.4 million vehicles were burglarized in 2010. Among the items that burglars look for and steal are these are some of the most common:
- Money (Somebody’s gotta pay for my McD’s)
- Navigation Systems
- Mobil Devices (phones and tablets)
- Vehicle Registration (If you’ve got a nice car, you probably have a nice home too)
- Backpacks and Briefcases
- CD’s (believe it or not people still use these)
- Car components (HID headlights, air bags, etc)
What can you do to protect your valuables?
With the typical burglary lasting no more than a few minutes, here are a few tips to help deter would-be thieves.
- Many of us Jeep owners have already learned (some the hard way) if you don’t want to lose something, it shouldn’t be left in the Jeep. The safest place for anything of value is behind a locked door…at home. Don’t bring it if you don’t need it.
- Don’t invite the burglar to take a closer look. Think of backpacks, suitcases, gift bags, charging cords and loose change as invitations. Would-be thieves see these things and immediately think, “I wonder what else is in there?” Whenever possible keep these things locked up and out of sight.
- Park in areas with high traffic and visibility. Car burglars want to get in and out as quick as possible without drawing a lot of attention to themselves. Whenever possible, park in well-lit areas, close to building entry points.
- Lock your doors…unless you drive a Jeep with a soft-top. We hate seeing a perfectly good soft top get cut up, especially when the windows could just as easily be unzipped. For the Jeep crowd, we’d recommend getting a lockable glove-box, under-seat conceal carry box or a Tuffy™ locking deck enclosure. These minor upgrades can help make your sweet ride a secure one too.
If you’re in the market for lockable storage solutions for your Jeep, stop by Axleboy Off-Road in O’Fallon, Missouri or give us a call at 636-939-5337.
You’ve waited all year for the annual Spring Drivetrain Rebate from Yukon Gear & Axle, and now it’s here! March 6 through May 19, 2017 claim up to $150 back when you purchase select Yukon parts, including the Yukon Spin Free Kit, a Yukon Gear Kit Package and so much more.
Quality You Can Depend On
For quality you can depend on, wherever you’re driving this year, Axleboy and Yukon are dedicated to getting you there and putting a little money back in your pocket. Check out the awesome deals below and give the professionals at Axleboy a call when you’re ready to get your order started. 636-939-5337
Don’t forget to download the official Yukon Gear & Axle rebate form and put money back in your pocket by CLICKING HERE.
Are you an experienced problem solver? Have you worked hard to develop a reputation as a quality mechanic? Do you want to help build and repair awesome Jeeps? You’ve learned the trade and refined your skills, now it’s time to do something great! At Axleboy, we take pride in being Missouri’s Jeep and off-road authority, specializing in late model Jeep Wrangler customization. We are looking for a qualified mechanic to join our elite team of industry professionals.
- Build and repair awesome Jeeps.
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure and safety rules.
- Maintain an organized and neat bay.
- Assist fellow mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Communicate needs and recommendations clearly to non-technical personnel
- At least a High School Diploma or GED
- Current Driver’s License
- Be available to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm
- A solid work history (min. 2-3 years of industry experience preferred)
- You have your own collection of tools
- Strong experience with electrical wiring and diagnostics
- Strong automotive/mechanical diagnostic skills
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test/physical/background check
- Jeep owner is a plus (not required)
- Read and write English fluently
If you meet the qualifications above and have a positive attitude, we encourage you to apply today at http://axleboy.com/careers/ or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following question: What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
Axleboy offers more than just a place to work. We have rules like everywhere else, but we also know how to throw down some fun: Weekend wheeling trips, BBQ in the back and did we mention that we specialize in Jeep and off-road vehicles? As if that wasn’t enough, we also offer:
- Excellent Medical , Dental and Life insurance
- Set work hours: Monday through Friday
- Fast paced and energetic work environment
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Get up to $150 on Zeon Platinum and other Winches
With winter coming to a close, right now is the perfect time to get that Warn winch you’ve been looking at since last Spring! Now through April 30th, Warn is offering up to $150 in cash rebates toward your purchase of a new winch.
Think about the trails, the hunts, those secret fishing spots and all the other overland adventures you’ll be taking this year. Whether you’re looking for you first winch or just an upgrade, you’ve got places to go, and we can help get you a dependable Warn winch that will take you anywhere your Jeep will fit.
Axleboy is an authorized Warn retailer. Contact us online or give us a call at (636)939-JEEP(5337).
Follow this link to view/print the Official Warn Rebate Form