As manufacturers of the world’s premier selectable lockers, ARB recently issued the following press release, regarding new parts available for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Sport:
ARB maintains a strong presence in the off roading industry with its proactive approach in R&D. Supporting accessories alongside new vehicle releases is key to staying ahead of the game. Our drivetrain engineers have assessed Jeep’s new Wrangler JL Sport and are proud to announce the release of Air Locker applications for both the front and rear axles.
Replacing the JK, Jeep has built on the Wrangler’s legendary history with their most capable vehicle to date, while maintaining its heritage with touches such as a seven-slot grille, iconic round headlights and open air models. To complement these unique touches, Jeep has upgraded the off road ability and central to this is next-generation Dana axles. To further enhance the JL Sport’s capability off road, ARB is happy to release front and rear locker applications.
- For the rear axle M200 application, RD244 was newly developed.
- For the front axle application, existing RD100 will suit.
- Please note some Wrangler JL Sport models come with M220 axle housing. Please verify before ordering RD244 Air Locker
Features & Benefits
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on-road drivability or driveline wear
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver’s seat
- Ultra durable and extremely strong – only the highest quality materials used in construction
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability
- Thoroughly tested and proven design – trusted and used in over 100 countries around the world
- Easy installation and maintenance – no special tools, skills or additives required
- Patented ‘timed’ locking mechanism offers high strength and ultra fast un-locking
- Comprehensive photo illustrated installation and service guides
- Steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal designed to handle the most extreme climatic temperatures on Earth
- Patented two -piece design that offers a range of interchangeable side gears (sold separately) to integrate with non-standard axle shaft splines
RD244 – M200 Rear Axle
- 29 spline axle
- 31.5 mm [1.24”] axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on 145.5mm [5.72”]
- 121.3mm [5.28”] dia. ring gear ID
- 200mm [7.87”] dia. ring gear OD
- Ratio 3.45:1
- Suits Dana M200
RD100 – M186 Front Axle
- 27 spline axle
- 30.8mm [1.21”] axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on 142mm [5.59”]
- 115.0mm [4.53”] dia. ring gear ID
- 185mm [7.28”] dia. ring gear OD
- Ratio 3.45:1
- Suits Dana M186
Axleboy Off-Road is proud to offer this essential Jeep (JL) upgrade in the form of over-the-counter parts or full installation beginning September 2018. For more information or to get your Jeep on the schedule, talk to the pros at Axleboy Off-Road during business hours. 636-939-5337
Spend any amount of time wheeling with Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy Off-Road, and you’ll soon discover that, like most other people, this man likes his beverages kept cold. Most wheeling trips, this is no problem. There are plenty of gas stations and grocery stores that can keep up with Scott’s demand for ice, but, with plans to take his Jeep out on the Rubicon Trail for a few days, the inability to acquire ice would present a significant problem.
How to Keep it Cold
The dilemma was real, and the way we saw it, there were 3 options: First, we could try to change Scott’s taste, to be more like Mike, who actually likes his drinks served at room temperature. That option didn’t seem likely at all. Our second suggestion was to pack a cooler right before hitting the trail, as usual, and hope that it would last the full three day trip. Knowing that the cooler’s lid would be opening every 30-45 minutes (you think we’re kidding), there was no way a bag of ice could last throughout the entire trip. Our third and final option was to look into portable refrigeration. That’s where the ARB Fridge/Freezer comes into play.
The ARB Fridge Freezer
Scott and his Jeep spend a LOT of time on trails, so it made perfect sense to invest in this heavy duty, portable fridge. A few of the features that really stood out to us are:
- Three year warranty.
- Forward facing thermostat control.
- Deep storage capacity.
- Able to operate at extreme angles without affecting operation or reliability.
- Fully removable lid and basket for easy cleaning.
- Internal LED cabinet light.
- Interior drain plug.
- Integrated battery protection system
- Offered in a variety of sizes: 37 Qt, 50 Qt, 63 Qt & 80 Qt
- and more.
The Right Option For You
We know that not everybody is into multi-day off-road trips, and like Mike, no everybody wants their beverages nice and cold. For those of you that ARE and DO however, the ARB Fridge/Freezer is a pretty nice way to go! If you’ve got questions about this setup or you want to see how it looks in the back of a Jeep, call or stop by Axleboy. Our front counter crew is more than glad to get you the information you need, put together a price quote, and let you check out the product for yourself. We’re here for you! 636-939-5337
Announcing a New Product Line
Axleboy Off-Road is turning up the bass with JL Audio! Earlier today, Axleboy’s request to become an authorized JL Audio dealer and installer was officially accepted, and the entire staff is excited to add sound to the list of upgrades that are offered at this custom Jeep shop.
Axleboy will be stocking:
- JKU Stealthboxes (Subwoofers)
- Waterproof amps &
- Complete Jeep Wrangler (JK) speaker systems
Are you ready to upgrade your driving experience? Let the professionals at Axleboy Off-Road help you experience better sound and bigger bass with USA made systems from JL Audio .
Call 636-939-5337 for more information or to schedule your audio installation.
Axleboy Off-Road is excited to announce that we are now an authorized direct dealer and installer of LoD Off-Road products! The quality and craftsmanship that has been built into these products is impressive, and we’re happy to offer them as an upgrade option for local Jeep enthusiasts.
LoD Off-Road is an Indiana based Jeep parts manufacturer that entered the market in 2002. They currently offer an entire range of aftermarket rock-sliders, bumpers, tire carriers and roof-rack systems that fit Wranglers from the early CJ series to the current JL model.
If you’re not familiar with the LoD Off-Road product line, we invite you to take a look at their website or stop by or call Axleboy and talk to Brandon or Brian at our service counter. 636-939-5337, M-F 8:00am-6:00pm. Whatever you need to take your Jeep to the next level, we can get it for you!
LoD Off-Road products are proudly made in the U.S.A.
Have you seen the latest thing to come out of the Falcon Shocks factory? We’re not talking about the Falcon 3.4 series shocks, although we have to admit they are pretty awesome. Think even better!
Back in 2007, Jeep rocked the way we experience trail life when they introduced the luxuriously comfortable Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Almost overnight, the aftermarket world stopped developing new ideas and products to fit the rugged TJ model and began focusing all their efforts on building up a new off-road champion.
Now, after more than a decade of innovation silence, Falcon Shocks is making enormous waves among TJ owners by introducing their latest, and quite possibly best, creation. Check out the video below as Scott Carline, owner of Axleboy Off-Road, gets a shocking surprise!
Ready to get more performance out of your TJ while you embrace the trail life? Give us a call for pricing on a set of new Falcon Reservoir shocks! 636-939-5337
Are you looking for improved leveling ability, adjustability and ride quality when you tow your trailer, your RV or carry a heavy payload with your truck? Air Lift and Axleboy are excited to introduce the latest in quality suspension-assist solutions:
The LoadLifter 5000™ Ultimate Plus
LoadLifter 5000™ Ultimate Plus offers up to 5,000 lbs. of load-leveling capacity* and isdesigned with the highest-quality, longest-lasting components.
With high-end stainless steel roll plates, braided air lines and mounting hardware, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus provides an unrivaled combination of leveling ability, adjustability, and ride quality to maximize your towing capabilities.
LoadLifter 5000™ Ultimate Plus Features
- Up to 5,000 lbs. load-leveling capacity*
- EXCLUSIVE: Stainless steel braided air lines for added protection against sharp edges and road debris
- EXCLUSIVE: Military-grade AN fittings simply thread together for a metal-to-metal seal, ensuring an easy-to-install, leak-free system with no air line cutting required
- EXCLUSIVE: Stainless steel roll plates which protect the air springs and help increase load capacity of the springs by up to 10%
- EXCLUSIVE: Stainless steel air spring mounting hardware
- EXCLUSIVE: Jounce bumper inside the air spring absorbs shock and can be safely run with zero air pressure
- Most kits require no drilling into the vehicle’s frame
- Air adjustable from 5 to 100 PSI
- Most kits are compatible with most 5th wheel and gooseneck hitches
- Easy to install with fully illustrated installation manual
For more information or to schedule your installation, call Axleboy today at (636)939-5337
*Never exceed the manufacturer’s recommended Gross Vehicle Weight Rating